Top 10 100 calorie snacks kids will actually want to eat
Saved article for later
With the announcement that we shouldn’t be feeding our children no more than 2 x 100 calorie snacks a day, the parenting community will have let out a collective sigh. We all know that we need to feed our children a healthy, balanced, diet but sometimes carrots and hummus just won’t cut it when you are trying to entice (bribe!) your little ones out to walk the dog or whilst trying to drag them around Sainsburys.
Fear not Up All Hours is here to help, we have put together our Top 10 snacks under 100 calories that they will actually want to eat!
- Frube Tubes: Strawberry flavour 9 x 40 g tubes and they are 102Kcal /100 g
- Sunbite Wholegrain Popcorn: 20g bag 84kcal
- Kallo Chocolate Rice Cakes: 56 Kcal per rice cake
- Free From Fellows Gummy Bears: 6 Kcal per sweet
- Naturelly Jelly Juice Tropical Flavour: 37 Kcal per 100g pouch
- Organix Apple and Date Bar: 52 Kcal per bar
- Apple: 52 Kcal per apple
- Milky Way bar: Fun size bar 77 Kcal
- Angelic Honey and Oat biscuits: 63 Kcal per biscuit
- Cadbury Freddo Frog : 80 Kcal per frog!
The BBC have also put together a list which offer some more great options, maybe not all as enticing but certainly healthy and easy to work with
- Soreen malt lunchbox loaves (apple, banana or original malt)
- Petits Filous fromage frais (strawberry and raspberry, strawberry, strawberry and apricot, strawberry and banana)
- Fruit Shoot hydro water in apple and blackcurrant flavour
- Fresh or tinned fruit salad
- Chopped vegetables and lower fat hummus
- Plain rice cakes or crackers with lower fat cheese
- One crumpet
- One scotch pancake
Let us know if you have any gems!