Looking for something nutritious and delicious to get their days off to a cracking start? then look no further than this low sugar, super easy, granola. A sure fire hit every time!
Saved article for later
Taken from the The Little Dish Family Cook Book: 101 family friendly recipes to make and enjoy with your kids
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 45 minutes
Serves 8-10 people
This granola is super easy to make and can be stored in the cupboard in an airtight container for 2–3 weeks. It tastes great with and without the nuts, depending on what your children prefer. Serve with milk, nut milk, yoghurt or on its own as a little snack.
Little ones can help mix the ingredients, whisk the egg white and use my hands to spread the granola mixture across the baking tray.
- 240g rolled oats
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 100g mixed nuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 medium free-range egg white
- 100g mixed dried fruit such as cranberries or chopped apricots (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC/gas mark 2.
- Line a large baking tray with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut, nuts, oil, maple syrup and cinnamon.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk the egg white until frothy and stir it into the granola mixture.
- Spread the granola mixture onto the prepared tray.
- Bake for 45 minutes, turning once during cooking.
- Set aside and allow to cool completely.
- Break up the cold granola and stir in the dried fruit, if using.
- Store in an airtight container for 2–3 weeks.