A zesty scone for little ones.
Saved article for later
Makes approx 6 scones Suitable for freezing, toddlers, vegetarians
- 100g self raising flour
- 50g unsalted butter
- 50g Greek yogurt
- A handful of dried fruit (or a couple of boxes of Organix Raisins and Chopped Apricots)
- Zest of half a lemon
- Zest of half a orange
- A splash of milk
- Preheat your oven to 200°C / 180°C fan / gas mark 6. Place a baking sheet in the oven to preheat.
- Sift the flour into a bowl, chop the butter into the flour with a knife until the butter is in peanut size pieces. Then rub the butter into the flour between your finger tips until it resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the honey, citrus zest, dried fruit and yogurt and mix all together until it forms a dough.
- Using floured hands, knead the dough lightly on a floured surface and pat out to about 2cm thick.
- Using a small pastry cutter, cut out 6 scone rounds.
- Place the scones onto the preheated baking sheet and brush with milk.
- Place into the oven to bake for 8-10 minutes, or until risen and golden.
Serving suggestion Serve halved with a blob of cream and some fresh fruit, such as blueberries, sliced strawberries and raspberries
There are lots more tasty family and baby recipes on the Organix Website