This pancake mix is great to have to hand in your cupboard. These pancakes can be knocked up as quick as it takes to make a pot of coffee. They are full of fibre, B vitamins, magnesium and selenium and even make a great base for fritters!
Saved article for later
Prep: 5 minutes Cook: 20-30 minutes Makes: 1 large jar
What you need:
For the flour mix:
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/3 cup maize flour
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp bicarbonate of soda 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup of coconut sugar
For the pancake mix:
- 1 cup of pancake flour mix
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (or butter)
- 1 cup nut milk of your choice
- 1\2 lemon
What to do:
- Mix all the ingredients for the pancake flour mix in a big bowl and store in a large jar.
- To make the pancakes, put all the wet ingredients into a big bowl with a squeeze of lemon and beat together.
- Add 1 cup of flour mix and gently stir until combined (Add more milk if it feels too stiff)
- Heat a pan until medium hot and brush with coconut oil.
- Ladle some of the mix into the pan and cook on one side until golden.
- Flip it over; the second side should take less time than the first.
- Keep warm in a tea towel until ready to serve, topped with your favourite topping.